Before this class, and even up until today, I believed the new advances in technology to be all positive and beneficial to our generation of teachers. However; after today's lecture discussion, I now feel that there can be a downside to this "revolution."
Advances in technology have enabled the world to communicate faster and easier. Teachers may now find it easier to develop lesson plans and provide learning materials for their students. A big plus, as stated in today's class, is that if a student asks a question that a teacher does not know the answer to, the Internet has made the information readily and easily accessible. Also, the advances of how a teacher displays their lessons to the class has come a long way from the old chalk and blackboard. Today, you will see dry-erase boards, power-point presentations, and the newest of all - Smart Boards. These Smart Boards are interactive whiteboards with a touchscreen feature allowing many hand-on learning experiences.
For the most part, these advances are great for teachers and students to learn and share information; however I feel there may be a few negative aspects. As stated in today's discussion, a student having the answers right at their fingertips may be a bit to easy for them. They may just look up all the answers and never actually know how they got it or why. Teachers will now have to alter their teaching methods to ensure that their students are not cheating and are getting the full benefits of the lessons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think these 'smart boards' are really cool, although I have never used one they just seem to be really neat. But i also agree that we need to watch out for negative aspects from new technology.
ReplyDelete