The Digital Divide, according to Wikipedia, states that the term refers to the idea that there is a gap between the generations that have readily available access to new technology and those that don't.
I feel that this term is very accurate for what is going on right now. For example, there are so many older people with experience wanting jobs; however they are given to the younger generations who are up-to-date on all the latest technology. Another big example of this digital divide, is in the school systems. The newer teachers coming out of college now are technology savvy and are able to get the jobs they want and even replace the older teachers that aren't.
I feel in order for the economy and job market to keep going, people must be educated and help to educate about this new age of technology.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is a very interisting issue to have to our considration as teachers in the future. And try to think what we can do. I beleive this blog post a helpful quick reference of what does it mean by digital divide.
ReplyDelete