I chose Remember the Milk for my web application. The reason why this one stood out to me is because it can be used as an organizational tool that could easily benefit someone like my brother. My younger brother Phil, was diagnosed with ADHD when he was just 5 years old. He struggled all through elementary school; was threatened to be held back and even kicked out. He was very hyper, not attentive, VERY disorganized, and NEVER listened. The schools that he went to were not set-up to handle a child diagnosed with this. The teachers kept pushing medicine on him, which was ruining his life. We took him off the medication, and he slowly began doing better. Phil is now 15 years old, attends a prep school in Pennsylvania, and though this school has done wonders for him, he is still VERY disorganized.
I feel that people like Phil can benefit from a tool like Remember the Milk. It is said to be a "reinvented to-do list" and allows you to have everything in one place. You can even set reminders that can be sent to your cell phone! This tool is great for those of us with too much going on, and I know it would be great for someone like my brother; who cannot seem to get organized or remember things. Another great great aspect that this tool seems to have is tabs. You can customize them, that way you have separated, organized to-do lists; allowing you to keep work separate from school, etc. Tagging is yet another bonus, because you can add tags to your items making them easier to search for in the task bar. Other features are: adding tasks via e-mail, task sharing, and subscribing to feeds. I am still fiddling around with this application, so I am not positive that it would be great for Phil, but it sure seems like it.
Wow! what an amazing story! I also chose Remember the Milk. I chose it for myself though. I find myself always being disorganized. I always tell myself I will remember something, but by the time I needed to remember it, I either missed something or got stressed trying to get it done in time!! It would make a great site for anyone like your brother and myself. ** it is good to hear he is doing well!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteI missed class the day we talked about these and have not yet had the time to go through the slides but you have sold me on this website just from what I have read. You did a wonderful job both discussing the benifits of the site and an actual real explaination of who is can benifit.
ReplyDeleteOrganization and time management are my 2 biggest weaknesses. The sad part is, teachers really need both to have a smooth year. This app that you found definitely could help me and all that have trouble with organization. Muchas gracias amiga!
ReplyDelete