Monday, June 1, 2009

Tagging




Tagging is a pretty self-explanatory term; however many people do not know about it, let alone use it. Tagging makes technology much more user-friendly, allowing you to find the link, site, etc. by using words associated with the tag.
For example, I now use tagging all the time. It has made surfing the Internet, researching, and networking much more convenient. Before this class, I would tag all of my favorite sites to "my favorites" in my Internet Explorer web browser. Every time I got on my computer at home, I would just click on IE and everything was readily accessible. This was great; however only if I was home. When I went to work or school, I had to try to remember how to access all of my favorite sites. Now, thanks to this class, I use Diigo and Netvibes, and I can access my favorite sites and resources from any location.

No comments:

Post a Comment