Thursday, June 25, 2009

ePortfolio


The Product
I organized my portfolio by putting links on my home page so that those accessing the site would be able to easily navigate through. I remember in one of our very first W200 session when the class held a discussion about perceptions and personal experiences with technology. A very unanimous opinion was the fact that they liked the advancing in technology as long as it was "user-friendly" and easily accessible. I have to say that I agree, and I do also feel that Web2.0 has made the web very "user-friendly."
I wanted to be able to showcase my projects, so I created connections by inserting my slideshow presentation as a gadget. I also mentioned my podcast and movie, but was unable to connect them due to them not being linked on-line.
I believe organization and creativity to be the strengths of my work because once I begin a project; it most always flows together smoothly. I spend a lot of time getting the details, organizing, and planning done, and then I am able to put my ideas together and work on the creative details.
If I had to change one thing about this session's projects, it would be to allow myself more time. This summer is very busy for me; I just started a new summer tutoring program in my hometown, and with directing that, tutoring children, and planning my September wedding, I was not able to focus as much of my time and attention as I would have liked to. However, I do feel that I have accomplished very much and am pleased with the outcome of my projects.


Process
I found planning and brainstorming to be the most effective techniques in creating my projects. As stated above, once I finished the planning and organizing, my projects came together very well.
I learned new web2.0 techniques such as bookmarking, blogging, creative commons, wikis, professional networking, podcasting, and many more. These have enabled me to see how collaboration and new technology can come together to create an amazing new way to educate the future generations. I found so many techniques that I will be able to incorporate into my own classroom.
As our class is coming to an end, I am looking back at all I have accomplished in this very short summer session. I have learned not only about new technology and tools of the web, but also what and how I, as a teacher, will educate my students. Most of the classes I have taken in college have been all papers and tests and lectures, and though I am not saying they are bad or wrong, I am saying that I feel I have gotten a lot more out of this class that I will be actually able to use in the "real world."
Here is the link to my ePortfolio - http://sites.google.com/site/chanelleseportfolio/Home

No comments:

Post a Comment