Thursday, June 18, 2009

Podcasting

Once again, another great advance in technology that will benefit us as future educators. To be completely honest, before this class, I had heard of podcasting, but I had never really understood what it was. I had no idea how useful and beneficial they could be.

I don't know how many times I had wished for a way that I could study while driving or taking a long trip. I seemed to always be cramming before a test and then driving for an hour to get to class. Now, all I have to do if I want to utilize my driving time is listen to a podcast instead of my favorite radio stations! (Not always the most entertaining option but definitely the most beneficial.)


This project was actually a lot of fun and I really liked working with Garage Band. This project also helped me to see that there are so many ways I, as a teacher, will be able to educate and also capture their attention and interest!!

3 comments:

  1. I too thought that this was a great project for us to discover. I was able to utilize podcasts in a prior class (P-250). I was not able to listen to them on the way to school (I still have a cassette player in my car). I do not have the technology to use this except for my laptop or p.c. at home. This type of technology can be useful for people. Unless they are hampered "from" technology like I am. I hope this is a tool that we can use when we start teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you! I always wished for text books on tape because they can be used while driving or having to clean up you house, especially when living on your own and things need to get done. So podcasting seems like the next best thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Tony said we also got to learn a little about podcasts in P250 with Randy I. But since you now have the real insight to podcasts you will be able to really take advantage of the podcasts he records of his lectures.

    ReplyDelete